Increase Confidence with a Mommy Makeover
Following childbirth, patients may have excess fat and skin on various areas of their body – such as the breasts, abdomen, hips, and thighs – that can be very difficult to eliminate even with a proper diet and exercise. To regain the curves and shape that you had prior to your pregnancy, Dr. Ramon Robles can combine multiple cosmetic procedures to provide a mommy makeover at his Phoenix, AZ, practice, giving you the confidence and shape that you desire.
What Is a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover combines any number of cosmetic procedures, such as a breast lift, liposuction, abdominoplasty, and thigh lift for a complete body makeover and a more youthful shape after pregnancy. Although childbirth can be one of the happiest moments in a woman’s life, the lingering effects on the body can lead to low self-confidence. Additionally, the physical demands of breastfeeding coupled with poor sleeping habits may contribute to unwanted weight gain. You may be an excellent candidate for a mommy makeover if you:
- Are unhappy with the appearance of your body
- Are at an ideal body weight
- Are in good overall health
- Are at least 18 years old
- Are no longer breastfeeding
- Do not plan to have more children
Customizing Your Mommy Makeover
Any of the procedures Dr. Robles offers can be combined to completely revitalize your look, restore your confidence, and help you achieve a more youthful shape. During an initial consultation, Dr. Robles will customize your treatment plan based on your cosmetic goals:
- Breast Lift: This procedure lifts sagging breasts and removes excess skin for an overall perkier bust line.
- Breast Augmentation: This procedure enhances the size and shape of the breasts with silicone or saline breast implants. Depending on your goals and needs, breast augmentation can be combined with a breast lift.
- Abdominoplasty: Also known as a tummy tuck, this procedure removes excess skin and fat cells from the abdomen and tightens weak muscles. Dr. Robles can also administer liposuction to help flatten your belly. You can choose between a standard or mini abdominoplasty, depending on your needs, and we can review your personal treatment timeline and recovery.
- Thigh Lift: During this procedure, excess skin and fat are removed from the inner and outer thighs for smoother looking skin and beautifully contoured legs.
- Liposuction: This can be combined with any of our other procedures to remove excess fat cells from the arms, back, abdomen, hips, and thighs to help you achieve a more contoured body.
- Brazilian Butt Lift: Liposuction will be used to remove excess fat tissue from another area of your body and inserted into your buttocks to add volume and contours for a more attractive shape.
What to Expect during Recovery
Because each mommy makeover is catered to the specific needs of the individual, recovery will be different for everyone. For example, a patient who undergoes liposuction and a Brazilian butt lift may recover faster than someone who chooses breast augmentation, a thigh lift, and an abdominoplasty. In general, however, most patients will need to take at least one to two weeks off of work following their procedure, sometimes even longer.
If you are a new mother or are unable to take much time away from work, Dr. Robles can help you select procedures that will require the least amount of downtime. A mommy makeover can be performed all at once or in stages. However, patients who choose to undergo all of their treatments during the same visit will enjoy minimized recovery time.
Although childbirth can be one of the happiest moments in a woman’s life, the lingering effects on the body can lead to low self-confidence.
Procedures involved in a mommy makeover are almost always surgical. Therefore, it is normal to experience some degree of swelling, bruising, and discomfort afterward. However, these side effects are temporary and should diminish over time. During the recovery period, you will be provided with a detailed list of post-operative instructions. It is important to follow these guidelines exactly as directed by your surgeon to reduce the risk of infection and other post-surgical complications.
Benefits of a Mommy Makeover
A mommy makeover offers a wide range of benefits. Some of the most notable advantages of this comprehensive treatment include:
- A flatter abdomen
- Perkier breasts
- Reduction of stubborn fat
- A more youthful looking appearance
Most importantly, however, a mommy makeover also often enhances self-confidence during a time when you are feeling especially self-conscious and uncertain.
Cost Factors to Consider
A mommy makeover is a highly personalized cosmetic treatment. As a result, the cost can vary for each patient. There are several factors that can affect the cost of this procedure, including:
- The number and types of procedures performed: A mommy makeover includes two or more cosmetic treatments. Therefore, a patient who undergoes two procedures will likely pay less than someone who chooses multiple treatments.
- Advanced technology: Endoscopic or laser-assisted surgery can significantly reduce post-operative discomfort and recovery time. However, these methods cost money for the practice. Therefore, the fees for these technologies will be reflected in the total cost of your treatment.
- Body type: The cost of many cosmetic procedures depends on the amount of tissue removed during the process. As a result, a mommy makeover may cost more for women with larger frames.
- Geographical location: In general, cosmetic surgery is more expensive in metropolitan areas. Therefore, patients may pay less in smaller towns.
- The experience of the surgeon: The education, experience, and reputation of a doctor can directly correlate with your surgical fees. In general, experienced surgeons charge more than those with less experience.
At Robles Plastic Surgery, we never want cost to stand between you and the cosmetic treatment you deserve. That is why we accept CareCredit®, which allows individuals to pay for their treatment with low monthly payments. In addition, we also offer a number of in-house financing plans to help our patients afford this type of treatment. If you are interested in a mommy makeover, our team will work with you to determine a payment plan that works with your budget.
Discuss Your Options with a Professional
“Dr. Robles is an amazing surgeon, and I cannot thank him enough for the results he was able to give me. His bedside manner was great and appropriate for a surgeon. He was very informative and forthcoming.” RealSelf User