A Thigh Lift Can Give You Attractive, Toned, and Smooth Upper Legs
Many patients struggle with excess skin and fat along their thighs. Reduced skin elasticity and stubborn fat cells are often the result of age and genetics but can also occur after significant weight loss. This condition can make patients appear heavier than they actually are and lead to low self-confidence. To address these difficult areas, Dr. Ramon Robles can perform a thigh lift at his Phoenix, AZ, practice, helping you achieve a tighter, smoother, and more toned appearance.
Thigh Lift Candidacy
In general, thigh lift candidates have reached their ideal body weight, but struggle with stubborn cellulite and fat tissue that have not responded to diet and exercise. You may benefit from this procedure if you:
- Have unwanted, saggy skin in the upper legs
- Do not smoke or drink heavily
- Are not pregnant and do not plan on becoming pregnant
- Can maintain a healthy, stable weight
- Are in good overall health
- Feel self-conscious or physically uncomfortable in a form-fitting bathing suit
What to Expect
During your initial consultation, Dr. Robles will meet with you to customize your treatment plan, addressing any questions or concerns you may have. He will also give you detailed instructions to follow before and after the procedure to ensure you achieve the results you desire.
In general, thigh lift candidates have reached their ideal body weight, but struggle with stubborn cellulite and fat tissue that have not responded to diet and exercise.
Prior to the procedure, Dr. Robles will administer anesthesia for optimal comfort. Once you are relaxed, he will make the necessary incisions. The placement of the incisions will depend on what type of thigh lift is being performed and whether you are combining the procedure with liposuction:
- Inner Thigh Lift: Incisions will be made discreetly in the groin area to remove excess skin and tighten the inner thighs. Dr. Robles can also use liposuction to remove excess fat.
- Bilateral Thigh Lift: Incisions will be made in the upper part of the leg to tighten saggy skin on the outer thigh and buttocks. In most cases, incision scars can be easily hidden under bikini bottoms or undergarments.
- Medial Thigh Lift: Similar to an inner thigh lift, incisions will be made in the groin area but will extend to the lower buttock crease to reduce excess skin and fat in the upper and inner thigh.
- Mini Thigh Lift: For saggy skin located in the upper thigh, a small incision will be made in the groin area to remove and tighten skin. As a less invasive approach, this procedure typically does not involve fat removal, and most patients experience faster recovery.
Recovery and Results
Once the procedure is completed, Dr. Robles will close the incisions and place compression garments to assist your healing and recovery. It is common to experience some swelling, bruising, and soreness for the first week after surgery. If you follow your postoperative instructions carefully and attend your follow-up appointments as directed, you can expect a full recovery in approximately sixth months.
Benefits of a Thigh Lift
As a board-certified surgeon, Dr. Robles has been delivering beautiful results in the Phoenix area for almost 15 years. Once you have fully recovered from your thigh lift, you can enjoy:
- A beautifully contoured appearance
- Tighter, slimmer, and toned thighs
- Improved self-confidence
- Increased clothing options
Schedule Your Appointment
At Robles Plastic Surgery, we look forward to helping you achieve your cosmetic goals. To learn more about the benefits of a thigh lift, contact our office today to schedule your consultation with Dr. Robles.
“Dr. Robles is an amazing surgeon, and I cannot thank him enough for the results he was able to give me. His bedside manner was great and appropriate for a surgeon. He was very informative and forthcoming.” RealSelf User