If you recently had a baby or lost a significant amount of weight, you may notice loose or drooping skin around your stomach that makes you feel self-conscious about your overall appearance.
A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, performed by Dr. Ramon Robles can help you achieve a smoother, tighter-looking abdomen by removing excess fat and skin from the midsection, tightening the abdominal muscles, and reshaping the stomach.
How can a tummy tuck at our Phoenix, AZ, practice improve your quality of life?
Take a Look
What is an Abdominoplasty?
An abdominoplasty should not be considered a solution for weight loss but rather the final step in reshaping the contours of your body when stubborn fat cells have not responded to diet and exercise. At Robles Plastic Surgery, we provide both a standard abdominoplasty and a mini abdominoplasty:
- Standard (Full) Abdominoplasty: This procedure removes excess skin and fat tissue in the belly area from the navel to the pubic bone. Dr. Robles will make an incision from hip to hip to tighten the abdominal muscles and perform liposuction on the belly and the hips to create a beautifully contoured shape.
- Mini Abdominoplasty: This procedure is performed for patients with mild to moderate stubborn fat cells and excess skin in the lower abdomen below the navel. Dr. Robles will make a small incision below the navel to tighten the abdominal muscles. Liposuction can also be used in the abdomen, hips, and back to create a flatter, tighter, and more youthful appearance.
Dr. Robles is a board-certified surgeon who has been providing excellent results for patients in the Phoenix area for almost 15 years.
Are You a Candidate?
Patients who smoke, are planning on getting pregnant, are severely obese, or have a serious medical condition may not qualify for this procedure. Generally, good candidates for an abdominoplasty include patients who:
- Are an ideal weight with excess skin or fat in their midsection
- Have excess skin following bariatric surgery
- Have recently experienced significant weight loss
- Have excess skin or fat from natural age progression
- Are post-pregnancy and not planning on having more children
- Are in good overall health and committed to a healthy lifestyle
What to Expect During and After Your Abdominoplasty
Dr. Robles is a board-certified surgeon who has been providing excellent results for patients in the Phoenix area for almost 15 years. At Robles Plastic Surgery, we use the latest techniques and technology in cosmetic surgery to ensure our patients have rapid recovery so they can quickly resume their daily activities.
During your initial consultation, Dr. Robles will review your medical history and cosmetic goals as well as identify whether a full or mini abdominoplasty would better serve you. He will also address any questions or concerns you may have and give you a list of pre- and post-surgery instructions to follow. These instructions will include medications to avoid and how to implement a healthy diet and exercise program if you have not already done so. This will significantly improve your recovery and overall results.
Before beginning the actual procedure, Dr. Robles will administer anesthesia and then make the necessary incisions. The number and length of incisions will depend on the complexity of your procedure. After excess skin and tissue have been removed, muscles tightened, and liposuction performed, he will secure the sutures and bandages. Before closing the incisions completely, he will insert drains (small tubes) to assist with the fluid buildup and recovery. A special compression garment will be placed over the bandage to help with swelling and inflammation.
It is not uncommon to experience some mild soreness and swelling for the first few days, but you can expect a full recovery in about six weeks.
Schedule Your Consultation
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your abdomen, we can help you achieve your cosmetic goals. Contact our office today to schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Robles.
“Dr. Robles is an amazing surgeon, and I cannot thank him enough for the results he was able to give me. His bedside manner was great and appropriate for a surgeon. He was very informative and forthcoming.” RealSelf User