Reduce Wrinkles with Dermal Fillers
As we age, we lose volume in our face, causing lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin. This is exacerbated by environmental elements, such as sun and wind exposure. Dermal fillers are a quick, minimally invasive way to restore volume to your facial features and diminish the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
At Robles Plastic Surgery in Phoenix, AZ, we offer several types of dermal fillers, including JUVÉDERM®, Restylane®, and RADIESSE®. Dr. Ramon Robles can determine the right filler for your specific cosmetic goals so you can achieve a more youthful and vibrant appearance.
Understanding Dermal Fillers
Dermal filler injections are designed to add volume where necessary and reduce the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles. It is often recommended to:
- Enhance shallow contours around the temples or cheeks
- Smooth out smiles lines around the nose and mouth
- Minimize the appearance of vertical lip lines
- Plump the lips
- Address bags under the lower eyelids
- Smooth out scars
- Improve symmetry
It is important to note that dermal fillers deliver the best results when addressing the early signs of aging. Patients who have excess skin or deep creases may be better suited for surgery. During your initial consultation, Dr. Robles will work with you to determine a treatment plan that will effectively meet your cosmetic goals.
Benefits of Dermal Fillers
Millions of patients choose dermal fillers, as they offer a number of advantages. For example, this treatment offers instant results, so patients can enjoy their results as soon as they leave our office. Although patients may experience slight swelling or bruising, these side effects diminish within a few days. Because discomfort is minimal, you can resume your normal activities as soon as your session is finished.
Additionally, patients can receive their entire treatment during a single office visit. In fact, it usually takes less than one hour to complete.
Dermal Filler Treatment Process
Before administering the dermal filler, your skin will be thoroughly cleansed. We will also apply a topical anesthetic to numb the area prior to the injection. Once you are comfortable, the dermal filler will be injected just beneath the skin in strategic areas. In most cases, improvement will be evident immediately.
Types of Dermal Fillers Available at Our Practice
At Robles Plastic Surgery, we use a variety of dermal fillers. During your initial consultation, Dr. Robles can help you determine which option will deliver the results you desire. We offer:
- Juvederm®: One of the most popular dermal fillers available, Juvederm is made from hyaluronic acid, a natural substance found in the body. This filler is commonly used to smooth nasolabial folds, add volume to the lips, or lift the cheeks.
- Restylane®: Another hyaluronic acid-based option, Restylane is a popular choice among our patients. Thicker in texture than Juvederm, Restylane is an excellent option for adding volume or smoothing out contours.
- Radiesse®: Made mostly of calcium hydroxylapatite, a substance that naturally occurs in the body, Radiesse is used to minimize the appearance of moderate to severe facial folds and wrinkles.
The kind of filler recommended for your treatment will depend on a number of factors, including your health history, allergies, and personal cosmetic goals.
Results and Outcome
While dermal fillers can deliver dramatic results, it is important to understand that they are not permanent. To maintain your desired outcome, re-treatment will be necessary at some point. However, the results of your procedure can vary significantly based on which dermal filler is used. While some patients will require another session in approximately six months, others may not need one for several years.
Learn Which is Right for You
If you are ready to rejuvenate your appearance by diminishing lines and wrinkles, dermal fillers could be just the solution for you. Our team has provided solutions for many satisfied patients. To schedule a consultation at our practice, contact us online or give us a call at (602) 266-5100.