Volume Restoring Face Lift with Fat Grafting
The face is one of the first areas of the body to develop signs of aging. As collagen production decreases, the skin begins to sag and lose its volume. Facial fat grafting at our Phoenix, AZ, practice restores volume, delivering results similar to those of a facelift without the excessive costs and recovery time associated with plastic surgery. Through this treatment, Dr. Ramon Robles can fill out hollowed cheeks, restore sunken eyes, and eliminate facial wrinkles.
What is Facial Fat Grafting?
Autologous fat transfer, also called microlipoinjection, uses the patient’s own body fat to restore volume where desired. This process involves removing fat cells from one area of the body, purifying them, and then injecting them into the targeted areas.
Am I a Candidate for Facial Fat Grafting?
Facial fat grafting can address a wide range of aesthetic concerns. This treatment may be right for you if you wish to reduce the appearance of:
- Smile lines
- Frown lines
- Marionette lines (from the sides of the mouth to the chin)
- Hollows under the eyes
- Gaunt cheekbones
- Wrinkles and creases
- Thin lips
- Acne scars
In general, candidates should have a full understanding of the treatment process and have realistic expectations of results. Some medications and health conditions could decrease your eligibility for this procedure. For this reason, it is important to discuss your health history and lifestyle habits with your doctor in detail.
Facial Fat Grafting Procedure
The facial fat grafting procedure can be performed in three steps. They include:
- Fat removal: Dr. Robles will use liposuction to remove unwanted fat deposits from the donor site, which may be the hips, thighs, abdomen, buttocks, or another area. Dr. Robles carefully removes the fat cells using special instruments that reduce the amount of damage.
- Fat cell isolation: Once the fat has been collected, it is then spun in a centrifuge. This separates and cleanses the fat cells and prepares them for re-injection.
- Fat re-injection: Finally, Dr. Robles will inject the cleansed fat cells into the targeted areas. These injections will be given at varying depths so that the desired aesthetic results are achieved.
Autologous fat grafts last considerably longer than dermal fillers such as Restylane®, Juvéderm, and collagen.
Benefits of Facial Fat Grafting
Patients who choose facial fat grafting can enjoy a number of advantages. For example, this treatment is:
- All-natural and safe: Because an autologous fat transfer is from the patient’s own body, there is nothing synthetic in it. As a result, you do not have to worry about having an allergic reaction.
- Versatile: This procedure can be used to correct a variety of cosmetic concerns, including wrinkles, scars, and depressions.
- Long-lasting: Autologous fat grafts last considerably longer than dermal fillers such as Restylane®, Juvéderm, and collagen. Over the course of the first year, some of the injected fat will be naturally reabsorbed into the body. However, about a third of the volume will remain.
Financing Options at Robles Plastic Surgery
Dr. Robles believes that each and every patient should have access to the treatments they desire. As a result, he offers a number of financing options at Robles Plastic Surgery. In addition to in-house payment plans, he also accepts Care-Credit®, which allows individuals to pay low- or no-interest monthly installments. Our financial team can help you determine a treatment plan to fit your needs and budget.
Restore Lost Volume
Are facial lines, wrinkles, or scars making you feel embarrassed or self-conscious? If so, facial fat grafting may be a solution for you. To learn more, or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Robles, contact us online or call us at (602) 266-5100.