Following childbirth, you may have excess fat and skin on various areas of your body such as your breasts, abdomen, hips, and thighs. Even with proper diet and exercise, it can be very difficult to restore these areas to their pre-pregnancy smoothness and tightness.
To regain the curves and shape that you had prior to your pregnancy, Dr. Ramon Robles can combine multiple cosmetic procedures into a customized mommy makeover at his Phoenix, AZ, practice, serving Scottsdale and Avondale.
A mommy makeover can help you enjoy motherhood to the absolute fullest...
What Does a Mommy Makeover Look Like?
Most Popular Mommy Makeover Treatments
What Is a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover combines any number of cosmetic procedures, such as a breast lift, liposuction, abdominoplasty, and thigh lift for a complete body makeover and a more youthful shape after pregnancy. Although childbirth can be one of the happiest moments in a woman’s life, the lingering effects on the body can lead to low self-confidence. Additionally, the physical demands of breastfeeding coupled with poor sleeping habits may contribute to unwanted weight gain. You may be an excellent candidate for a mommy makeover if you:
- Are unhappy with the appearance of your body
- Are at an ideal body weight
- Are in good overall health
- Are at least 18 years old
- Are no longer breastfeeding
- Do not plan to have more children
Customizing Your Mommy Makeover
Any of the procedures Dr. Robles offers can be combined to completely revitalize your look, restore your confidence, and help you achieve a more youthful shape. During an initial consultation, Dr. Robles will customize your treatment plan based on your cosmetic goals:
- Breast Lift: This procedure lifts sagging breasts and removes excess skin for an overall perkier bust line.
- Breast Augmentation: This procedure enhances the size and shape of the breasts with silicone or saline breast implants. Depending on your goals and needs, breast augmentation can be combined with a breast lift.
- Abdominoplasty: Also known as a tummy tuck, this procedure removes excess skin and fat cells from the abdomen and tightens weak muscles. Dr. Robles can also administer liposuction to help flatten your belly. You can choose between a standard or mini abdominoplasty, depending on your needs, and we can review your personal treatment timeline and recovery.
- Thigh Lift: During this procedure, excess skin and fat are removed from the inner and outer thighs for smoother looking skin and beautifully contoured legs.
- Liposuction: This can be combined with any of our other procedures to remove excess fat cells from the arms, back, abdomen, hips, and thighs to help you achieve a more contoured body.
- Brazilian Butt Lift: Liposuction will be used to remove excess fat tissue from another area of your body and inserted into your buttocks to add volume and contours for a more attractive shape.
What to Expect during Recovery
Because each mommy makeover is catered to the specific needs of the individual, recovery will be different for everyone. For example, a patient who undergoes liposuction and a Brazilian butt lift may recover faster than someone who chooses breast augmentation, a thigh lift, and an abdominoplasty. In general, however, most patients will need to take at least one to two weeks off of work following their procedure, sometimes even longer.
If you are a new mother or are unable to take much time away from work, Dr. Robles can help you select procedures that will require the least amount of downtime. A mommy makeover can be performed all at once or in stages. However, patients who choose to undergo all of their treatments during the same visit will enjoy minimized recovery time.
Although childbirth can be one of the happiest moments in a woman’s life, the lingering effects on the body can lead to low self-confidence.
Procedures involved in a mommy makeover are almost always surgical. Therefore, it is normal to experience some degree of swelling, bruising, and discomfort afterward. However, these side effects are temporary and should diminish over time. During the recovery period, you will be provided with a detailed list of post-operative instructions. It is important to follow these guidelines exactly as directed by your surgeon to reduce the risk of infection and other post-surgical complications.
At Robles Plastic Surgery, we never want cost to stand between you and the cosmetic treatment you deserve. That is why we accept CareCredit®, which allows individuals to pay for their treatment with low monthly payments. In addition, we also offer a number of in-house financing plans to help our patients afford this type of treatment. If you are interested in a mommy makeover, our team will work with you to determine a payment plan that works with your budget.
Discuss Your Options with a Professional
A mommy makeover can help boost your self-confidence after pregnancy. Contact our office today by calling (602) 266-5100 to schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Ramon Robles. Our Phoenix practice welcomes patients from throughout Scottsdale and Avondale.