Gummy Bear Implants
A small or flat chest can affect the way that clothing fits, making you feel self-conscious. If you are considering breast augmentation but are conflicted about which type of implants to choose, the team at Robles Plastic Surgery in Phoenix, AZ, can help. We provide many types of implants, including gummy bear implants. These implants are filled with cohesive silicone gel with a texture similar to the candy from which they take their name. Dr. Ramon Robles is board-certified and has performed more than 3,000 breast augmentation procedures with excellent results.* He will carefully listen to your concerns, review your body measurements, and discuss your overall goals to determine whether gummy bear implants are the right choice for you.
What Are Gummy Bear Implants?
Gummy bear implants are FDA-approved devices filled with cohesive silicone gel. These teardrop-shaped implants are designed to closely resemble the shape and feel of a natural breast. Some benefits of gummy bear implants include:
- A more natural feel than saline implants*
- A cohesive makeup that helps them stay intact if the shell ruptures
- An intrinsic shape that enhances the outward appearance of the breast
- Little to no ripple formation due to shape memory, which maintains contours even when the implant moves
Gummy bear implants can be a great option for:
Gummy Bear Implants vs. Other Options
Gummy bear implants are considered an excellent fit for many patients' needs and goals, but there are some considerations to take into account when considering these implants over other types of implants. These include:
- Cost: Cohesive silicone gel implants are generally more expensive than saline implants, but they offer extremely lifelike results. We want every patient to have access to the results they truly want, so we offer flexible financing through CareCredit® that makes this option affordable.
- Placement: In general, Dr. Robles will need to make a larger incision when inserting a gummy bear implant because the implant is pre-filled.
Because of the larger incision required for gummy bear implants, patients can usually expect a longer surgery and more scarring. After your surgery, our team will instruct you on how to care for your incisions to ensure a rapid recovery and promote discreet scarring that will become less noticeable as you heal.*
Discuss Your Options with a Doctor
Gummy bear implants can be a great option for patients who have small breasts or wish to undergo breast reconstruction. They provide a natural-looking shape and feel when compared to saline implants and can help you feel confident in your appearance for many years to come. To meet Dr. Robles and discuss whether gummy bear implants are right for you, schedule your consultation online or call Robles Plastic Surgery at (602) 266-5100.
*Results are not guaranteed.